Saturday, January 31, 2009

Nuthin'

I pretty much have nothing tonight. It has just been a crazy, busy week. I have sort of, kinda, kept up with everyone else this week.

I will be reviewing a book on Wednesday of this week. Barrie thanks so much for inviting me!!

I have been thinking of something lately. I want to know how everyone came up with their names for their blog. I'll start. I was called Wunderwoman almost all the way through school. I HATED being called that. It wasn't a fond nickname. No, the ones that called me that were taunting me. So when it came time for me to name my blog, well I picked that name and it's almost like I'm showing them now. Does that make sense? I haven't ever attended any high school reunions, because of those people. I like to think I am over all that, and I am a better person for now turning it around into a good thing. Kids can be so cruel can't they? So how did you get your name?

8 comments:

Chef E said...

CookAppeal came from my hubby...he said I had it all the time, and then Behind The Wheel Chef is what I feel like running to clients, grocery, and other food related activities...so really not that exciting...

That Janie Girl said...

As a salesperson, probably 85% of my job is listening, and listening well.

I guess Sounding Forth was what I thought might be a forum for me to say what I wanted and be myself.

Pseudo said...

I thought my blog was a summer experiment for creative fun and did not expect it to stick. Even if I found out I liked blogging, I had thought I would switch to another blog. My blog name is very plain. A teacher who did not want to use her real name for job security.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Anonymous said...

I started out using another name that had to do with cooking which is a real laugh now that I think about it. I wrote a post and titled it "midlife slices" and thought....wow, that'd be a cool name for my blog so I registered the domain and started a new blog. Now I wish I hadn't pigeon holed myself into an age group so I'm going to change it again. Can you tell I have commitment issues? Or maybe I'm just very indecisive.

Growing up I was called "olive oil" "twiggy" "bird legs" and I hated it. Now I'd give anything if someone would refer to me like that.....and mean it. LOL

Smart Mouth Broad said...

Well...........I do have a smart mouth............and I try to offer wisdom........but it usually comes out as nonsense. *sigh*

Anonymous said...

I wanted a name for my blog that basically said "I'm just me...doing the best I can...lots of things - mom, wife, friend, etc...nothing fancy, just plain ole me." So...Nothing Fancy...became the name for my blog.

Barrie said...

What a fun idea for a blog post. Although I have nothing of interest to offer. I did the most boring thing ever--just used my name! I think if I were starting over, I MIGHT use....If you give a mouse a cookie. MIGHT use. :)

Debra said...

I was reading a book and one of the characters said something about Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History and I thought, wow! That is so true! I just thought that was the truest but yet funniest thing I had ever heard!