Thursday, January 22, 2009

Garage


I've never had my very own garage to park in, Bigblock has had a garage that he keeps his precious car in(more on that later), but mine has always sat outside. Until this week. It has been very cold here. So, I have been parking my car in Bigblocks garage. He said he told me years ago I could, but I don't remember. Plus I've had issues with my car lately. Last spring the head gasket blew. Then in the fall the heater core broke, leaving me stranded for around 3 hours waiting for Bigblock to come save me. Today when I turn the key it sounds like it's ready to shoot for outer space. Seriously, it went vrrrrrmmmmmm. I had to navigate through the big city praying the brakes would keep me from running over anything or getting a ticket. Oh, and last but not least, one of my tires has been leaking too. Off tomorrow to buy another tire, darn there goes more money.

So today when I get home I think Okay, you didn't like being babied and getting to stay in the warm garage, I'll leave you sit in the snow, you b*tch. Really I wanted to kick it, but with my luck I figured I would just break something. Now keep in mind I love my car, but I've just about. Had. Enough!! My car is ten years old, but it's the first car I've really loved. But, when I have to be extra careful not to run over the semis, that drive like a bat out of h*ll, that's when I start to get just a little testy.

Not to worry though, Bigblock came home and put the wench in the garage again. Oh, and I've had the flu or something this week. So how is your week going?

8 comments:

Chef E said...

First I would like to say I saw Wonder woman on a new CSI last night and has she gotten old...does not look as good as the picture on your blog, lol...second, my day is going good, but Monday my car pee pee'd on me (I think frozen ice went down into sunroof and thawed when I started car and came through light switch), hubby took both sets of keys to work and had to come home, then I slide my car into a telephone pole and up over the curb...nothing hurt, but it made me late to my doctors appointment, and I just felt like poo any way so it made me worse. Today I feel good.

Hope you feel better!

Debra said...

You girls are making me laugh out loud about your cars. I have been struggling with insomnia this week as you already know but you girls are like a ray of sunshine!

xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Wunderwomen - thanks for visiting my blog. My car is 10 years old as well, and I love it too.

But, I love the no car payment best!

Barrie said...

I'm the one who parks in the garage in our family. :)

Smart Mouth Broad said...

Hope you're feeling better and have a better week. My car has never seen the garage. There are however two motorcycles living in there. Grrr!

Barrie said...

Hey, could you email me? I want to send out a reminder email for our book review club (to start Feb 4). Thanks! My email: barrie.summy@gmail.com

Vodka Mom said...

Things are great- off the NYC for a conference! woo hoo.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the flu.

But sounds like your car is just getting good!!!! You don't start getting the seat worn to your heiney until about year 8 - by year 10 it's just about perfect!