Monday, January 12, 2009

Beautiful but Deadly


This is the scenery we enjoy during the long winter months. I b*ich and moan alot about it, but really do think it's beautiful too(just as much as the beach pics, doncha think?). I just really hate driving in it. My Lil Sis went out and took many, many pictures for me one, because she takes better pics than I do and two because unless I have to, I don't go out.

My birthday was a good day overall. Bigblock and I went to Lil Sis's house and we made Jello Sliders, we mixed them equal amounts water and Vodka, and let me tell you they kicked my arse. I don't think I was meant to be a drunk. I'm gonna try it one more time with a slightly different ratio next time. Hey, I am persistent and can't give up after just once. Although, I didn't feel normal again until today LOL

Now about the deadly part, I have been preoccupied all day thinking about a friend and another guy we know that went through the ice on snowmobiles last night. They didn't make it. He was only 40 years old, and the guy with him only 22. Both leave behind children. The other two snowmobilers riding with them survived but will probably need counseling. Please pray for their families and keep your loved ones off the ice!! Sorry for the in the dumps post, I'll try to get more upbeat next time. Later....

3 comments:

That Janie Girl said...

Oh, my Lord - that's horrible about your friends. I'll be praying for their families.

Jello sliders? Girl. You're braver than me...but of course! You're Wunderwoman!

Debra said...

This is so sad. They will be in my prayers also.

Chef E said...

Yeah Jello sliders, but the rest...well I have had enough sadness last night and today...