Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Ahhh...Spring Break

This week I am on spring break. So what have I been up to so far? Yesterday I went to Unemployment office to check in since I haven't heard/seen anyone and wanted to advise them one of my papers would be late. Did some grocery shopping at WalMart, I really wish another store would come to town and give them a run for their money, I HATE shopping there knowing how they treat their employees, and wouldn't Sam be rolling in his grave to see all the crap from overseas they sell (I believe that was his main pitch, MADE in AMERICA)! However, they are cheapest and in this economy that has to factor in, but I do shop at other stores when I can:) Oh, and I have been catching up on reading, something I can't do without, but has to take a back seat to school work. I am visiting my favorite bloggers and usually follow links to sites they recommend.

Today I could hear the rain beating against the house before I even got out of bed. I know we will probably be grateful for the rain later when it doesn't seem like we can do a rain dance to get any, but I would soooo enjoy one day without it. Can you remember walking in the rain when you were younger? I can, when did I become too old to stop?

On a brighter note, the hubby is still working, don't know how long but we'll take everyday we can. Bigblock and I get our hair cut tomorrow! Yeah, I need some color;) Thing 2 is back home, after being gone working. Heard from Thing 1 a couple of days ago, they are doing well. Gotta run to the store again, I have been craving meatballs and knew I saw a recipe somewhere, so searched and found it at Words of Wisdom from a Smartmouth Broad , Thank you!

I'll be seeing you around, I have an idea for some posts, I'll get back to you with more on that. Have a GREAT day/week...........



4 comments:

Debra said...

It got up to 77 degrees today here in Ohio and is supposed to be a high tomorrow of only 45. I am ready for SPRING weather to come and stay. Enjoy your time off!

Chef E said...

I so agree with the Sam comment, I do not shop there at ALL, it is a pit for over eating and junk mania!

It is cold here, and hope you enjoy spring break! Do something wild for yourself!

Fragrant Liar said...

Sorry to hear things are a little hard, but I'm positive things will turn around for all of us before long.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I love new peeps!

Smart Mouth Broad said...

I'm also catching up on my reading and lo and behold what do I find here: Linky love! Thank you for that. I hate W*lmart too. Try to avoid it at all costs. Oh and there's nothing like a new doo to brighten your spirits!